Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Best Geek Email Ever!

My wife just sent me the following email. This comes after the announcement of the new Google Nexus One Phone:

Here's what a non-nerd thinks of the Nexus. I'll use quotes from the link you sent me to help explain my feelings:
1. "The phone has a 3.7-inch AMOLED display" It's nice to know that the phone is protected from Moles. No inside friend or family member could hack in to the display.
2. "the phone has both a light sensor and a proximity sensor, along with a compass, GPS, and accelerometer." Now I never have to worry about getting a speeding ticket, the built in accelerometer will warn me when I go too fast.
3. "It also has a first for Android: noise cancellation features. Google calls it "active noise suppression." What a handy feature to be able to turn off noise. No more whining from the kids.
4. "The home screen can currently be personalized with widgets," They finally invented a phone that is politically correct and can be customized for midgets, oh I mean, little people.
5. "Google developed a News and Weather widget for the phone, with interesting additions such as temperature predictions for upcoming hours of the day." I'm excited to get a daily weather report from a midget. How fun to watch them predict weather all day long. Sweet!
6. "The Nexus One has something called Live Wallpapers" I'm thrilled to have my Nexus put up my new wallpaper and though I'm not sure how it works, I'd like to get live paper with tweety birds in it.
Ok seriously I think I understand it a bit better than that. Looks sweet. I can see why you want one. Set up an action plan and I'll do what I can to help you out.
Love you,

No comments: